Red Stag Timber maintains ISO14001 Environmental Management System certification to:
- Identify and control the environmental impact of its activities and products.
- Improve its environmental performance continually.
- Implement a systematic approach to setting environmental objectives and targets, to achieving these and to demonstrating they have been achieved.
Specific areas where Red Stag Timber have achieved environmental objectives include:
- FSC® Certification: Red Stag Timber has the internationally recognised Forest Stewardship Council® certification that provides timber users with confidence that it was sourced from sustainably managed forests. FSC® is the only forest certification system that is supported by all major environmental groups. A number of certification assessments, such as the US, Australia and New Zealand Green Building Councils, accepts only FSC® as proof of sustainability. See www.fsc.org for more information. Here is our FSC® Certificate.
- Bio-Fuel Energy: Red Stag Timber utilises wood-waste as a bio-fuel to generate electricity and provide thermal energy to kiln dried timber. Red Stag Timber also provides electricity to the national grid to help power New Zealand's growing energy needs.
- Carbon Foot-Print: Red Stag Timber's carbon foot-print is 97% less than a similar sized sawmill that doesn't use carbon neutral electricity and thermal energy. This reduction is mostly due to utilising wood-waste as the energy source for kiln drying timber as the thermal energy required to kiln dry timber can exceed 85% of the energy usage for a modern sawmill. Utilising it's own wood-waste as an energy source ensures that both CO2 emissions and landfi ll disposal requirements are minimised..
To read our Environmental Policy click here: RST ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY 2021-Signed.pdf