An opportunity has arisen within our Weinig 25R Moulder Planermill operation for a Trainee, who has a keen interest to work in the timber industry.
Red Stag Timber will sponsor a trade qualification to achieve a L4 National Certificate in Timber Machining, generally taking up to 3-4 years to complete.
Practical learning on site will involve relevant hands-on work as a paid trainee, mentored by our experienced Red Stag Timber staff.
The role is a fulltime position, with hours of work being 40hrs/week working Monday to Thursday from 5.00am to 3.40pm, with overtime/maintenance available on a Friday as required, paid at T1.5.
The preferred candidate will be a hands-on, reliable and physically fit person who will have:
- A minimum NCEA L2 qualification, including Maths and English.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to follow instructions.
- Confident computer and literacy skills.
- Proven attendance and some awareness of workplace safety.
- A strong commitment to good timekeeping and a being a team player.
As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted candidates will undergo mechanical aptitude and numeracy testing, to support compatibility with the industry qualification requirements.
Full pre-employment medical examination and drug screening applies.
A pre-employment Medical & Drug Screening applies for all roles.
An application form is available here - Red Stag Timber Application Form or by emailing Kelly Robinson, HR Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 349-5831.