An exciting opportunity to join the Red Stag team!
Red Stag Forests is the forestry division of Red Stag Timber, a well-established and successful sawmilling company based in Rotorua. The Company has a mixture of freehold and leasehold forests in the central North Island. With the recent expansion of operations into the Waikato region and expected further growth in the scale of the estate, the need has arisen to recruit a seasoned Forest Manager to join the team. Duties will include:
- Managing the establishment of three new farm to forest conversions in the North Waikato region
- Planning and management of all aspects of forestry establishment across the estate
- Contractor engagement, management and field supervision across the estate
- Being responsible for ensuring systems are in place to support health, safety and environmental compliance
- Provide support for Red Stag’s ETS reporting
Applicants for this role should:
- Have a minimum of 10 years practical experience in all aspects of forest management from establishment through to harvesting.
- Have proven relationship-building skills, through managing various contractor crews and other key service
- Be prepared to oversee, develop and ensure safety management systems are robust and stakeholders achieve
- Have sound knowledge of current and relevant Environmental requirements
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have confident computer skills with software experience including GIS and Geo Master
- Be prepared to travel to attend to work duties as required
- Ideally, hold a minimum NZ recognised diploma level qualification in forestry or related discipline and
relevant HS certification, along with a full NZ Drivers’ license
This is a permanent role, with normal days of work being Monday to Friday. There will be some flexibility in hours of work and location. A suitable work vehicle will be provided. Remuneration for this position is negotiable, and will reflect the level of expertise and experience required.
A link to our APPLICATION FORM can be found here: Red Stag Timber Application Form
Role outline will be provided via email query to our People & Safety Manager, Melissa Bennett
Email: email@example.com Ph. (07) 349-5874
Your completed application form along with CV and copies of relevant qualifications must be received by:
Wednesday, 8th June 2022