Located 5 minutes south of the Rotorua CBD, Red Stag Timber operates Waipa Mill, New Zealand’s largest timber manufacturing site. With leading edge technology the mill is the largest stand-alone operation in NZ, producing structural timber for both the domestic and export markets.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Environmental Coordinator on a permanent basis. This role will assist the Environmental & Quality Manager to achieve a high level of environmental performance and compliance by Red Stag Timber and its employees. This is a hands-on position working dayshift hours between Monday-Friday.
The scope of work for this position will include:
- Managing the site’s resource consents as well as HSNO Compliance.
- Sampling, instrument maintenance, data analysis and reporting.
- Systems documentation and staff training.
- Manage the company’s EMS to comply with ISO 14001, including regular site audits
- Waste minimisation strategies.
Key skills and attributes required include:
- Competent computer skills particularly Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience in sample taking; water quality instrumentation, recording and analysing data; report writing; and environmental science.
- Analytical & problem solving ability
- Great communication & interpersonal skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
Applicants will ideally have a Bachelor of Science degree or related tertiary qualification, with 2-3 years’ work experience in an industrial environment, preferably in a role that involved compliance monitoring.
A pre-employment medical and drug test will be required, along with 3 references from previous employers. Please note: You must hold NZ Residency to apply for these roles.
Applications close on Thursday, 17th JANUARY 2019
Application forms are available on our website http://www.redstagtimber.co.nz/people/careers/
Contact Melissa Bennett, People & Safety Manager on (07) 349 5874.
Please email applications with CV & copies of relevant qualifications directly to email@example.com or post to PO Box 1748, Rotorua.